Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Durban July

ciao.
Thee Durban July 2nd July
This past weekend was the Durban July, and my good friend and I decide the grace the July with our presence…. So this is how the trip started. On Friday afternoon we were still finalising items for our outfits. So we ended up leaving Gauteng at 7pm -not surprising!!

Dee was feeling sick so I had to drive 600km…. it was a long drive, but worth it.

 We finally got to durb @ 00:00, changed into party dresses and started the durbs life of not sleeping. We went to a party yakwa” Mabeleni”…. It was a private pre-party to the Durban July…; the party was fun and packed.
                                                                            
          




The food and drinks were on the house…rich people…… Hai…. Anyway… just as I was dancing up a storm and mingling with the crown… I see with my little eye….a  Mr TJ…and crew…as expected he come over greeted and so did his crew…he started offering us drinks bla bla bla… I have never felt so cam around TJ , usually I would get excited etc,..
But this time I was just lied back and enjoying myself as if he wasn’t there…. I loved that feeling..I finally let go of him.  Anyway we left the party @around 3am… saving ourselves for the next day.
Saturday morning, my cousin u Ntombi decided to join us at the July so we had to go and get her an outfit...etc. so last minute shopping began.. Which ended around 2pm… went back to the apartment to get dressed. Finally left the house to the July at 4pm.

We had access to the MTV pimp my crown Marquee, which I must say was the best Marquee @ the July, it even won 1st prize for the deco follow the link“http//:mtv-base/mtv-base-marquee-wins-best-hospitality-facility-award-at-the-2011-durban-july/”.
 The theme for the July this year was Royal. So we were dressed as royal solders, Sexy Royal solders…lol..
The event is really about mingling and socializing.. I mean the horse's had finished racing at 5pm and we were still at the event at 11pm ….it’s one of those events were no body want o go home.. . And when the race course closes the are plenty of after parties to attend.. Needless to say we went back home to change from our glamorous out fits into party outfit..











We went to the MTN after party but I guess we were just too exhausted, stayed there for an hour and went back home to sleep.
Sunday was a very relaxed day. Woke up late @ 10am.. Hooked up with Joe-a friend from Pta for breakfast at Tasha’s gateway… we stayed there till 4pm having breakfast and we finally we decide to hit the road and drive back to Jozi….
I truly enjoyed myself... but i don’t think I would do it again , it’s one of those things you do once in your life nje……….


1 comment:

  1. First things first, you and Doris looked AMAZING!!! WOW!! You sexy royal soldiers you!! LOL It really looks like you had loads of fun...I'm glad Gal. Love you & xoxo

    ReplyDelete